Friday, April 13, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday #2

Hi all and thank you for hopping by my blog! Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme being hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read as a fun way for us to meet and connect with other bloggers. I'd like to introduce myself a little before answering this week's question. I'm in my twenties and a lawyer by profession and when I was in law school I had so much to read - books and case law, that I couldn't squeeze in my favorite paranormal/supernatural reads! Thank God that was over! Now that I've started my blog, blogging has pushed me to not only start cleaning up my tbr pile but to read books that are different from what I usually read as well. Part of the fun is choosing which book to review next and I want my readers to have a bit of that fun too so I put up a poll in my sidebar so you could choose the next title I will be reviewing! 

So now for this week's question!


What is the one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaptation of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?


I would have to say the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning! In particular I think it'll be hard to capture that intense chemistry between Mac and Barrons. Their relationship isn't only about lust or attraction, they both have a lot of emotions they try so hard to keep underneath the surface and their silent conversations! Both actors would be staring at each other then we'll hear a voice over! But that is not to say that I don't want a movie adaptation of the series, in fact I think it'll be perfect for a tv series! Oh and whoever plays as Barrons must be epic!


If you're a new follower just comment here and I will follow back. Have a fabulous weekend everyone!







28 comments:

  1. The fever series would be very difficult to do, it would probably have a voiceover by Mac.
    New follower
    http://emily-confessionsofabookaholic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Emily! Following back! :)
      I love it when Mac internalizes about Barrons haha

      Delete
  2. Great answer, though I haven't heard of the Fever series, will have to check it out :)

    I'm an old follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I highly recommend that series hun! If I have to make a top five series everyone must read, the Fever series would be in it. :) Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. lol the characters for a movie is a very difficult choice because we always have something in mind. But you're right it would be difficult to have this amazing series turned into a movie.

    new follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following back! Yes I agree, that and the actor has to perfectly portray all the subtle nuances of emotions that are easier described in the book than act out. Thank you for dropping by! <3

      Delete
  4. This is a popular answer! But I haven't read the series yet! I need to read it soon! I hear such amazing things about it.
    GFC follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already a follower, thanks for dropping by Jennifer! And yes it was amazing! I highly recommend that series! :)

      Delete
  5. I've never read that series, but they are all waiting for me on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the follow and love your site! One day, I will get to the Fever series, as I have heard so much about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for checking out my FF!! and following!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the Fever series, but a movie of people who don't talk much (out loud) sounds difficult to me :) Then again,I think the challenge for the moviemakers is just that -making the transition from book to movie work!
    Thanks, by the way, for stopping by my blog, made sure to follow back (via RSS)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Fever. I don't think there'll ever be someone who'll come close to my Mac, Vlane, Barrons and co.

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog, I agree with you but I was a little worried in the first few minutes of the Hunger Games that they weren't going to pull it off but it turned out good! Following back via GFC
    Krista
    Book Review Club

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this series. I honestly probably won't check it out since I don't like anything Adult genre, but this does seem like it'd be hard to be portrayed in a movie.
    Old follower. :)

    My TGIF & Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some books are so full of emotions and chemistry, that even a 'look' can mean a lot, and that is impossible to capture!

    Thanks for stopping by and for the follow, I returned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy FF! Just sneaking through to say hey. I'm a new follower! I hope you'll stop by & visit me too.

    Jenny @ Into the Morning Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopping through. The Fever books would be interesting movies but I don't think they could do them right.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the follow, following back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like your anwer on this. But I can't say, I know this series. But hopefully they never made a movie out of it.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog and I follow you back :D

    mariska

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read Fever series but would love to see how the movie adaptation comes out. Thanks for following me, following back via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read the first book a while ago, but if I remember something is the super intense chemistry between the main characters. Indeed, that'd be difficult to show in a movie adaptation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mia:)

    Thanks for visiting!! I also put Fever on my list. :) My JZB has always been David Gandy!!!;)

    Thanks for the follow, I'm now following you back GFC!

    Oh and I absolutely love your header, it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, I have to read one of Karen Moning's books. i see them everywhere! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following, I'm now following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following you back! :)

    I totally agree. I know that the film rights for the Fever series have been bought but that doesn't always mean that a film will be made. The silent conversations that they have with their eyes are such a big part of the books and any film version would completely miss out on them. I hope they stay books!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've heard a lot of great things about Fever but have yet to read it. Following back! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You know, what I've never read Fever. Maybe I'm crazy? I've heard a lot of great things about that book and I NEED to read it! :P

    ReplyDelete